To issue an invoice or proforma invoice, we use the data from your user profile and the data provided by your freelancer.
1. How to edit the deal or proforma invoice?
If you noticed any errors or need any changes in your deal, contact us.
You're able to make the following changes before the pro forma invoice is paid:
- the company's name and address;
- the name and title of the deal;
- the job category;
- the price;
- the work deadline;
- copyright settings;
- job description.
If the changes you want to make are related to your personal data, you haven't paid the proforma invoice yet, and you have an active employer account in Useme, then log in to your account and go to Dashboard → Profile Settings to change your data.
Changing this data will not change the data in the existing proforma invoice, but the invoice will be already be generated with the correct data.
Once the proforma has been paid and an invoice has been issued, changes can only be made by:
- correction note - in case you want to change the name of the service, the name of the recipient or the date of the sale;
- correction invoice - in case you want to change the value of the deal.
If you want to change the value of the deal or the deadline of the work, contact the freelancer and confirm the changes with them. Then write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. How to edit, change, or correct an invoice?
An invoice is an accounting document. That's why any changes must be confirmed by both parties to the transaction: the freelancer and the employer.
We cannot directly change an already generated invoice. We can make changes only on the basis of a correction note or by means of an invoice adjustment.
What data can be changed on an invoice?
- the name of the company or its Tax ID number,
- the address of the company,
- the name of the service provided,
- date of the invoice
send the completed correction note to email@example.com. In response, we will send you a note with a stamp and signature, which, together with the invoice, is equivalent to a correction invoice.
Any changes in the invoice date are made only up to the 3rd day of the following month. Due to the electronic payment accounting system, it's not possible to change the payment/accounting date.
- the amount/value of the invoice in the pending settlement (before the freelancer gets paid)
report the error to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In response, we will send a corrected invoice. If only part of the order value is refundable, we will issue a new invoice with the correct value. The refund will be made when you confirm your receipt of the corrected invoice in writing (by email).
If you have not yet received an invoice, but have already paid the proforma invoice containing errors, please contact us at email@example.com. Until the payment is recorded, we can make the required changes without issuing additional accounting documents.
3. What if the invoice is missing a tax ID number?
There are two reasons why an invoice may be missing the tax ID number:
- you have a customer account in Useme as a natural person instead of a company
- the freelancer made a mistake when entering your invoice data and chose the wrong legal status (natural person instead of a company)
How to enter the missing tax ID number?
- if you are a company and didn't pay the received proforma invoice - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to change your profile from an individual to a company;
- if you are a company and you received an invoice without a tax ID number - depending on the mistake, we will ask you to send a correction note or issue a corrected invoice. Report this situation to us at email@example.com;
- if you are a freelancer and have already sent a completed billing form - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the correct contract details;
- if you are a freelancer and have not yet sent a completed billing form - go back to step 1 and enter company in the field: "Legal status".
4. What to do when the proforma payment deadline has expired?
If you pay the pro forma within 30 days of the specified deadline, the entire contract will open automatically. If more than 30 days have passed, write to us at email@example.com and provide us with a realistic payment date so that we can reopen the deal with a new deadline.